DYNAMIC CONFERENCE PROGRAM WITH OVER 60 EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS AND SESSIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE NGA SHOW SAN DIEGO, CA, November 8, 2018 –
The NGA Show, the premier tradeshow for independent grocers, has announced a dynamic conference program with three full days of educational sessions organized into workshops, super sessions, an opening keynote session, and new this year, 25-minute sessions focused on hot topics called “NGA Talks,” all held alongside multiple networking opportunities. The 2019 NGA Show will be held at the San Diego Convention Center, February 24-27. For more information on The NGA Show and the education program, visit http://www.thengashow.com/schedule
“The NGA Show will feature over 60 educational workshops and sessions with a diverse set of topics geared toward executives in the food retail industry and their entire team,” said Peter Larkin, President and CEO of the National Grocers Association. “From our opening keynote featuring Donna Brazile and Dana Perino to the seven workshop tracks focused on the most pressing issues of today’s marketplace, attendees will leave San Diego “Attendees will leave San Diego with the ideas and tools necessary to better position their companies for growth and success."
The 2019 Super Sessions will kick off with iRetail: Technology Innovation Reshaping the Grocery Industry
taking place on Sunday, February 24 from 1:00 – 4:30 pm with speakers from the Center for Advancing Retail & Technology (CART) who will discuss a framework for navigating fast-paced innovation while retaining a focus on the importance of people and physical stores. On Monday, executives from IGA, Inc., SUPERVALU Inc., and Associated Wholesale Grocers will join Peter Larkin from NGA to share their perspectives on Thriving as an Independent
Additionally, two Super Breakfast Sessions will be held at the 2019 NGA Show. On Monday, February 25, John Phillips, SVP Customer Supply Chain & Global Go-to-Market, PepsiCo will present Data Driven Growth – Bits and Bytes That Will Disrupt your Business
. On Tuesday, February 26, Michael Sansolo, President, Sansolo Solutions, LLC will present the Creative Choice Awards
, which honors and recognizes the best marketing and merchandising programs in the grocery industry.
There will be two concurrent Super Sessions taking place on Tuesday, February 26. The first will focus on Rebuilding the Supermarket Experience with information from a new study by the Coca Cola Retailing Research Council. The second Super Session, Hiring and Retaining Millennials and Multicultural Associates, will showcase innovative solutions from the two final collegiate schools competing in the NGA Student Case Study Competition.
New to the event this year are NGA Talks offering 25-minute, fast-paced presentations on hot industry topics. On Sunday, February 24 the NGA Talks will focus on People Development
- management and leadership strategies; Competing & Winning
- strengths and weaknesses of competitive formats; Focus on Fresh
- marketing and merchandising ideas for evolving fresh and perimeter departments; Financial Symposium
- industry-wide look at drivers impacting performance; 3 Stores or Less- Strategies for Competing
- making smart technology and capital budget decisions; and Sustainability Strategies
- appealing to shoppers and the bottom line with energy and waste reduction programs.
NGA Talks, scheduled for Tuesday, February 26 include: Big Data
- making the most of the wealth of data collected at retail; Omnichannel Marketing - creatively reaching and connecting with shoppers through a variety of media; Foodservice - creative concepts for winning with foodservice and prepared foods; E-Commerce
- best practices for getting product to shoppers via home delivery or store pickup; Merchandising
- increasing traffic and sales in key departments in the store; Family Business Succession Planning
- transitioning the business smoothly and profitably; and In-Store Coffee Service
- cafés to bring new traffic and sales opportunities to the store.
There will also be seven Workshop Tracks offering a more in-depth look into specific hot topics. Tracks scheduled for Monday, February 25 include:
- Tech Trends sessions will delve into e-commerce and technology innovations driving retail today and in the future. Topics will include Artificial Intelligence Applications for Retail and In-Store Technology.
- Evolution of the Front-End sessions will focus on preparing for a whole new look of at the checkout. Topics will include Front-End Design and POS of the Future.
- People Development sessions will consider management and leadership strategies to position the organization for sustained growth. Topics will include How to Find and Hire Your Best New Associates and Promoting Employee Health and Wellness.
- Focus on Fresh sessions will explore creative marketing and merchandising ideas for evolving fresh and perimeter departments. Topics will include The Millennial Meat Consumer, and Steps Everyone Can Take to Increase Produce Sales
- Store of the Future sessions will provide consumer insights from around the world and close to home. Topics will include The Future of Food and Formats & Store Design- What’s Driving Retail Innovation?
- Building Bigger Baskets sessions will showcase ways to increase excitement with events and special categories. Topics will include Cultivating the Specialty Foods Shopper and What’s Next for Craft Beer?
- Operating for Excellence sessions will highlight best in class in-store execution strategies to meet competitive challenges. Topics will include Next Generation E-Commerce and Selling Halloween.
The NGA Show floor offers seven Pavilion Partners, which include the Center for Advancing Retail & Technology, Coffee Fest Marketplace, Halloween Industry Association, North American Meat Institute, Produce Marketing Association, Specialty Food Association, and The World of Latino Cuisine. The NGA Show is produced and managed by Clarion UX as part of the Food & Beverage Portfolio in partnership with the National Grocers Association (NGA). For more information and to register, visit www.theNGAshow.com. Early Bird rates are in effect through December 10, 2018.
The National Grocers Association (NGA) is the national trade association representing the retail and wholesale grocers that comprise the independent sector of the food distribution industry. The independent grocery sector is accountable for close to one percent of the nation's overall economy and is responsible for generating $131 billion in sales, 944,000 jobs, $30 billion in wages, and $27 billion in taxes. NGA members include retail and wholesale grocers, state grocers’ associations, as well as manufacturers and service suppliers. For more information about NGA, visit www.nationalgrocers.org.
Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com) produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ. www.clarionux.com
# # #