THE NGA SHOW ANNOUNCES SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE FOR 2019
For more information on The NGA Show, visit www.theNGAshow.com.
SAN DIEGO, CA, November 1, 2018 – The NGA Show, the premier tradeshow for independent grocers, has announced several innovative and exciting special events for its 2019 NGA Show, which are all included with a full conference registration. The events, spanning from networking functions to competitions and awards, will provide thousands of independent retailers and wholesalers, food retail industry executives, food/CPG manufacturers and service providers with valuable opportunities to engage with their peers. The 2019 NGA Show will be held at the San Diego Convention Center, February 24-27.
“We truly have something for everyone when it comes to special events and features at The 2019 NGA Show,” said Peter Larkin, president and CEO of the National Grocers Association. “Whether you are an executive looking for opportunities to expand your business, a marketer looking for omni-channel solutions, a merchandiser looking for creative ways to boost sales or a student looking to grow your knowledge of the industry, this is the event to gather and recognize the entrepreneurial spirit of the independent supermarket industry. We encourage grocers and wholesalers to bring their whole team to learn from peers, see the newest products and services and bring home ideas that will drive profitable growth for their company.”
Below is a schedule and details about the various special events that will be offered:
Sunday, February 24
- iRetail: Technology Innovation Reshaping the Grocery Industry, 1:00 pm – Speakers from the Center for Advancing Retail & Technology (CART) will discuss a framework for navigating fast-paced innovation while retaining a focus on the importance of people and physical stores.
- Opening Keynote Session, 5:00 pm – Dana Perino, revered political commentator, and Donna Brazile, veteran Democratic political strategist, offer perspectives from opposite sides of the aisle on hot button topics. Sponsored by The Kraft Heinz Company.
- Opening Reception, 6:45 pm – Offers attendees the opportunity to get a jump start in growing their network in a festive atmosphere with hors d'oeuvres and refreshments.
Monday, February 25
- Women Grocers of America 5K Fun Run, 6:00 am – A non-competitive, friendly walk/run to benefit the Women Grocers of America, which funds scholarships for students pursuing careers in the independent supermarket industry.
- Super Breakfast Session: Data Driven Growth – Bits and Bytes That Will Disrupt your Business, 7:30 am – Exploring cutting-edge technology, megatrends and the potential of each to fundamentally change our personal lives, the marketplace and the consumer.
- Thriving as an Independent, 11:15 am – Industry leaders with a birds-eye view of the marketplace will share their perspectives on the future of the independent retailer and how grocers can flourish in the future.
- Student Mentoring Program, begins 12:00 pm and continues throughout the Show – This program pairs industry professionals with students participating in the Student Case Study Competition to establish a connection and engage with industry influencers.
- National Best Bagger Championship & After Party, 5:00 pm – Baggers from across the country will vie for the championship title and a $10,000 grand prize. Sponsored by PepsiCo.
Tuesday, February 26
- Creative Choice Awards, 7:30 am – Discover marketing promotions and merchandising events that add an element of fun and excitement to the shopping experience as the top campaigns are revealed. Sponsored by Kellogg’s and Unilever.
- Hiring and Retaining Millennials and Multicultural Associates: Student Case Study Competition, 3:15 pm – Students will explore how independent grocers can encourage millennials to join their ranks. Hear the two finalists present their solutions and see which university will claim the title of 2019 champion.
- Rebuilding the Supermarket Experience, 3:15 pm – The Coca-Cola Retailing Research Council examines how to give shoppers an enhanced experience in stores in a profitable way.
- Closing Celebration, 6:00 pm – Wrap up The NGA Show experience mixing and mingling with industry peers and leaders at this celebration.
In additional to special events, The NGA Show provides countless opportunities to learn from peers and other industry thought leaders with over 60 specialized educational workshops led by retailers for retailers and more than 400 companies on the EXPO floor showcasing innovative and game-changing products and solutions. The Show EXPO floor will also offer seven Pavilion Partners, which include the Center for Advancing Retail & Technology, Coffee Fest Market Place, Halloween Industry Association, North American Meat Institute, Produce Marketing Association, Specialty Food Association, and The World of Latino Cuisine. For more information and to register, visit www.theNGAshow.com. Early Bird rates are in effect through December 10, 2018.
The NGA Show has been the place where independent grocers gather for over 30 years, connecting supermarket retailers and wholesalers, food manufacturers and service providers from around the world to share innovative solutions and best practices that support and strengthen the independent supermarket channel. The NGA Show is produced and managed by Clarion UX as part of the Food & Beverage Portfolio in partnership with the National Grocers Association (NGA).
The National Grocers Association (NGA) is the national trade association representing the retail and wholesale grocers that comprise the independent sector of the food distribution industry. The independent grocery sector is accountable for close to one percent of the nation's overall economy and is responsible for generating $131 billion in sales, 944,000 jobs, $30 billion in wages, and $27 billion in taxes. NGA members include retail and wholesale grocers, state grocers’ associations, as well as manufacturers and service suppliers. For more information about NGA, visit www.nationalgrocers.org.
Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com) produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ. www.clarionux.com
# # #