The NGA Show To Spotlight Key Industry Trends
For more information on The NGA Show, visit www.theNGAshow.com.
The NGA Show 2019 will be a great opportunity to understand big-picture trends impacting independent retailers. The event runs from Sunday February 24 to Wednesday February 27 at the San Diego Convention Center. Here are five of the most important trends to track during the event’s educational sessions.
- Store Competition Intensifies: Independents are competing against a range of niche retail formats that offer specific propositions for consumers. Success will require understanding the latest directions of each format, from dollar stores to hard discounters, in order to develop the best competitive responses. This topic will be covered in a number of sessions, including on Sunday.
- E-Commerce Advances: Online shopping growth is accelerating faster than some experts had predicted. Rather than viewing this as a threat, independents have the opportunity to move forward with a range of e-commerce strategies to help boost customer convenience. Retailers need to create a seamless omnichannel experience, mull options for third party fulfillment, and assess models for home delivery. These topics will be covered in sessions on Tuesday.
- Foodservice Builds Momentum: Customers seeking convenience are embracing prepared foods. Independent retailers are moving ahead on this opportunity, but there are many elements to consider. Such factors include menu strategies, product trends, packaging, and food safety. Foodservice topics will be addressed in sessions on Tuesday.
- Data and Tech Disrupt: Technology and data usage are advancing at a daunting speed. Some of the biggest retail tech topics include augmented reality, artificial intelligence, robotics, IoT, drones, and beacons. Meanwhile, Big Data is having a bigger impact in areas including perpetual inventory, personalization, and Blockchain. Independent retailers need to be conversant on these topics and understand which are most relevant for their businesses. The NGA Show will cover all these subjects during key workshop tracks and in general sessions about “iRetail” and “Bits and Bytes.”
- Front-End Transforms: Store checkout strategies are changing at a fast clip. Retailers are reconsidering the mix of products showcased at the front-end to better align with consumer needs. Moreover, new technologies are reimagining the checkout experience, including contactless payment, mobile terminals, and hand-held checkouts. Sessions on Monday will enable a deep dive into this topic.
In addition to these topics, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of other industry trends during educational sessions and at the Expo. These include trends in merchandising, financial performance, and product categories. The NGA Show is like a giant classroom for independents to stay on top of the biggest developments impacting their businesses.