Thriving as an Independent
Monday, February 25, 2019
7:00 AM - 8:15 AM
A look in the rearview mirror shows just how quickly the industry has changed in the last few years. Technology, a fickle economy, new competitors and ever-changing consumer wants and habits have conspired to make it challenging for retailers to survive – let alone thrive. But many independents have done just that – flourished in a complex environment. Find out why wholesalers are bullish on independents, especially those who are innovative, disciplined, strategic and willing to make tough choices. Industry leaders with a birds-eye view of the marketplace will share their perspectives on the future of the independent retailer and how grocers can flourish in the future.
- Peter Larkin, President & CEO, National Grocers Association
- John Ross, President & CEO, IGA, Inc.
- Mike Stigers, Executive Vice President, Wholesale, SUPERVALU/UNFI
- David Smith, President & CEO, Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
- Randy Arceneaux, President & CEO, Affiliated Foods, Inc.