Director of Marketing, Pay and Save, Inc.
Education & Professional Positions:
- Abilene Christian University - Bachelors Degree
- Pepperdine University - Masters Degree
- Past President of the Oregon Chapter of the American Marketing Association
- Past Member of the National Restaurant Association, Marketing Board
- Currently, Matt is the Director of Marketing for Pay and Save, Inc. in Littlefield, TX. Banners Include: Lowe’s Market, Lowe’s Signature Market, Food King and Super Save. 138 stores in 5 states.
- Matt was specifically hired in January of 2022 to help transition Pay and Save from print to digital. In less than a year, he methodically decreased print distribution to zero, introduced a new digital program to take its place, added over 200,000 consumers to the new digital coupon club, and cut the marketing budget in half while increasing sales.
- Prior to Lowe’s, Matt was the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the “United” division of Albertsons.
- Prior to Matt’s grocery experience, he was in senior marketing positions in the restaurant industry. Most notably with Landry’s, Inc. where for eight years he created successful branding and social media strategies for the Landry’s restaurant portfolio.
- The portfolio included: Morton’s Steakhouse, Del Fresco’s Steakhouse, Chart House McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood, Mitchell’s Steakhouse, Salt Grass Steakhouse, Rainforest Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, and Joe’s Crab Shack.
- Matt’s first “big” marketing job was with Tiffany & Co., where he learned the power of the “blue box”.
- Matt is married to his best friend, Laura (42 years).
- They have 3 adult children, 4 grandchildren
- They live in Lubbock, Texas.